Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Anna series by Kendare Blake

I just have to say that I am SO excited to review these books! As I said in my previous post, I was in quite the reading rut and I hold Kendare Blake completely responsible for pulling me out of it.

Before I actually get into the review there is something I need to say. GO BUY THESE BOOKS! I, myself, get almost all of my books from the local library system but after reading them I just had to buy a set for myself. It was one of the most worthy purchases I have made in quite some time! Now onto the review:


*I do not own this picture in anyway. I forgot to take my own before I returned the books to the library and got this one from Google!*

Anna Dressed in Blood and Girl of Nightmares are the two books that make up the Anna series. The series revolves around a ghost-ass kicking, high school boy named Cas Lowood who travels around the country with his kitchen witch mom, sending ghosts to their final resting place. Cas does this all with the help of an athame he inherited from his dead (also a ghost hunter) father. He and his mom move around a lot, from town to town, taking care of the community ghosts and moving on to the next. Cas doesn't have time to set down any roots or make any friends, he has ghosts to kill! That all changes when Cas is sent to a small town with a ghost so deadly, Cas may have met his match. Anna Korlov was murdered in 1958 and now she murders anyone who steps foot inside her dilapidated Victorian house. Cas sets out to rid the town of Anna Korlov, but instead of tearing him to pieces, Anna spares his life...

I know I've already said it, but Holy Cow these books are awesome! I read the series in two days and I just couldn't get over it. I was a little apprehensive about picking up Anna Dressed In Blood because I figured it was just another YA Paranormal Romance, but boy was I wrong! I never imagined that Anna Korlov, the ghost, would be my favorite character (And that is just the first in a long list of pleasant surprises). I think one of my favorite things is that after the second book, there could very well be a 3rd book, but Blake left it there. She realized it was amazing where it was and didn't ruin it with an over-done series like a lot of YA authors. Sorry guys!

Kendare Blake has spun quite the story and you're wasting your time by not reading it!

Series Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!!!

1 comment: