Saturday, March 15, 2014

Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz


Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz is the first of the Odd series. The book centers around a a 21 year old man named Odd Thomas who has a very unique skill; he sees ghosts and uses them to help his local police department solve crimes. A mysterious man comes to town that piques Odd's interests. While searching the mans apartment Odd finds ominous clues that point to a catastrophe occurring on August 15th. Today is August 14th. Will Odd be able to solve the mystery and save the town in time? 

This is my first book by Koontz and I absolutely loved it. Growing up all my friends' mothers were big fans of him so I always thought, 'Oh, I wouldn't like that'. The age of the main character is honestly was convinced me to pick the book up and I am so glad I did. This story is innovative and unique and completely impossible to put down. The characters in this book are like nothing I have seen before. I can't event tell you how much I wish I could be friends with Stormy. She's the main character's girlfriend and she is amazing! The whole town is so unique and well-rounded, I never once got bored with this story. I loved it so much that at some point I will definitely be reading the rest of this series! The book was also made into a movie starring Anton Yelchin. I watched the movie and I must say, unless you've read the book and know what you're getting into, I wouldn't recommend it. 

My one-word novel description: Quirky.
My rating: 4 out of 5 stars!
Average Rating: 3.83 out of 5. 


No comments:

Post a Comment