Saturday, March 15, 2014

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Titan's Curse


The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan is the third book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians children's series. The third installment of this series starts out with main character Percy and his friends navigating two new half-bloods back to Camp Half-Blood. It doesn't go easy however and disaster strikes the group. Soon Percy's best friend Annabeth is missing and a female Goddess is chained up and in serious danger. Back at camp it is decided that a quest will be issued to save Annabeth and the Goddess, but only 5 Half-Blood campers are permitted to go. On top of that, The oracle says that not all of them will make it back alive...

I have to say, this is my favorite book so far in the series. It's darker, more mysterious and you learn so much more about the bigger problem that connects all the books. I really loved the new characters of Artemis' female hunters that were introduced. I think they brought a whole new flavor to the group and they DEFINITELY brought a whole lot of Greek mythology and character histories to the story. Annabeth was missing for almost the entire book and I honestly missed her. It really showed me how much I love her as a character and how attached I am to her. With all the new female characters introduced I figured I wouldn't even really notice her absence but I noticed it most of all. Some of the mythology that is introduced is more in-depth information about the Titan's and I found that absolutely fascinating. Like the last two books, this one definitely prompted me to research Greek mythology and learn as much as I could. 

Con: Once again, this book only has one con and it's the predictability. This one honestly wasn't as predictable as the last two but it was definitely a factor. 

My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!
Avg. Rating: 4.29 out of 5 stars!
One Word Summary: Adventure!
Recommended: Harry Potter Fans, reluctant young readers, Fans of Greek myths, anyone. a



No comments:

Post a Comment