Monday, April 9, 2012

I have just finished reading, "Lone Wolf" By Jodi Picoult. The book had 421 pages and amazingly beautiful cover art. As Jodi Picoult is my favorite author, her books generally take me about two days at most to finish. However with this book, it too me much longer. I think because of the subject matter I wasn't allowing myself to get as close to the characters as I needed to be, because of how painful it was.

The book deals with the issue of life support and when is the appropriate time to remove a family member's life support. After a car accident, Cara's father, Luke, is on life support and decisions must be made about his life. Since Cara is only 17 and under the legal age her absent brother Edward is summoned from Thailand to make the decision, after being absent from the family for 6 years following a fight with Luke. The book is bland at parts, and excruciatingly painful at others. The only time I cried this hard over a book was when Dumbledore died.

I cut this short because as with Jodi Picoult's books, there are many surprises and I promised to leave out spoilers.

My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment