Monday, April 16, 2012





This past weekend was full of reading binges, the first of which being on Friday when I completely attacked The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter. I honestly read this book solely because the cable was out and I had nothing better to do, but I then realized it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. This book is slightly forgettable and definitely doesn't have the writing, but based on pure entertainment factor it was a winner. If you love Greek Mythology and indulging in Young Adult romance, this is the book for you.

Basic Synopsis: The story is based around a high school senior named Kate whose mother is quickly dying of cancer. As per her mother's last wish, she and her pack up everything to move to the town where she grew up, named Eden. Kate is soon befriended by a man named Henry who is claiming to be Hades, God of the Underworld. Henry tells Kate that if she agrees to live with him for 6 months of the year, he will save her mother. Kate agrees knowing that she cannot lose her mother, not realizing that she still has to pass seven "Goddess Tests" to see if she is worthy of ruling the Underworld and being Hades' new Persephone.

My Rating: I give this book a 3.5 out of 5 stars. The rating is average because while being somewhat predictable, it was highly entertaining. I will definitely add this book to a list of Guilty Pleasures that I will read more than once. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment