Thursday, May 24, 2012

After reading "Fifty Shades of Grey" I became slightly obsessed and realized I just had to read the whole trilogy. I recently finished "Fifty Shades Darker", and I must say, I love this series, even if it is smut!





"Fifty Shades Darker" opens up with Anastasia Steele reeling from her break up with the "most eligible" billionaire, Christen Grey. Christen's outrageous sexual tastes prove to be too much for Ana and she decides to leave him. Obviously she doesn't stay away for long or else there wouldn't be a whole trilogy! This novel shows a different side to Mr. Grey; instead of being a sexual predator he is seen as romantic and almost vulnerable. Ana and Christen decide to turn their sexual contract into a full blown relationship, but two of Christen's ex's just wont stay in the past.

I honestly wanted to slap the shit out of Christen throughout this book. When Anastasia mentions that she is uncomfortable with his relationship with his ex Elena, he basically tells her to get over it. I would be GONE after that. Anastasia just putting up with this and other bad behavior from Christen made me almost hate her. It was strange having my feelings for the main character's completely switch like that, but it was a well-welcomed change. E.L. James may not be the best writer around, but she sure knows a thing or two about character development.

My rating: 5 out of 5 stars. If it wasn't for Christen's extreme character development the rating wouldn't be so high. As I am already almost done with the third and final installment of the series, I can say that "Darker" is my favorite book of the trilogy.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Great review! Sounds like a good series to pick up. I love books that make you obsessed.

    ReplyDelete