Wednesday, May 23, 2012


"Fifty Shades of Grey" is an erotic novel penned by first time author, E L James. Since it's publication, "Fifty Shades of Grey" has made it's mark on the world of literature by being known as an over the top but poorly written BDSM novel. I glanced at some other reviews on Goodreads.com and realized that this novel is definitely a "love it or hate it" kind of book. The reviews were split completely in half, with half giving the book 1 star and the other half giving it 5. I personally enjoyed this book. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I immediately reached for the sequel and dove right in. I usually stray far, far away from erotic novels but after hearing so much about this one I figured it was worth a try. This is a book I definitely suggest!

Basic Synopsis: The novel focuses around a 21 year-old girl named Anastasia Steele who is coerced into doing an interview for her roommate, Kate. Katie writes for their school magazine but came down with the flu and needs Ana to take over for her. Ana interviews the amazingly beautiful Christian Grey and for some reason can't get him off her mind. They soon run into each other again at the hardware store where Ana works and she is shocked that she is interested in this man. He scares her, yet intrigues her at the same time. This leads into a whirlwind romance based solely on contracts and kinky sex. 

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars. If it wasn't for the poor writing, it would've gotten a 5 hands down. The book, while being something I wouldn't normally read, kept me interested and I absolutely devoured it. I suggest everyone read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment